These 12 stocks are where canna-investors should place their bets. Each company is a licensed producer (LP) of cannabis in Canada.
1. Tilray Inc. (TLRY:US NASDAQ)
Market cap: $14.4 billion; owns the British Columbia-based LP; on Sept. 17, it was reported that the DEA will begin to import cannabis from Tilray for research purposes.
2. Canopy Growth Corp. (CGC:US New York)
Market cap: $11.5 billion; owns Ontario-based LP, Tweed; with it’s recent $4 billion investment, Constellations Brands, whose stable of alcohol companies includes Corona and Mondavi, now owns 38% of Canopy.
3. Aurora Cannabis Inc. (ACB:CN Toronto)
Market cap: $10.5 billion; Alberta-based LP also owns Ontario-based LP, MedRelief Corp. as well as subsidiaries CannaMed and Hempco Food and Fiber; on Sept. 17, it was reported that Coca-Cola had contacted Aurora about launching a CBD soft drink in Canada.
4. Aphria Inc. (APH:CN Toronto)
Market cap: $4.8 billion; owns the Ontario-based LP.
5. Cronos Group Inc. (CRON:US NASDAQ)
Market cap: $2 billion; owns Ontario-based LP, Peace Naturals Project Inc.
6. The Green Organic Dutchman Ltd. (TGOD:CN Toronto)
Market cap, $1.9 billion; owns the Ontario-based LP.
7. Hexo Corp. (HEXO:CN Toronto)
Market cap: $1.7 billion; owns Quebec-based LP, Hydropothecary; in August, Hexo signed an agreement with Molson Coors Canada to develop non-alcohol cannabis-based beverages.
8. CannTrust Holdings Inc. (TRST:CN Toronto)
Market cap: $1.2 billion; owns Ontario-based LP, CannaTrust.
9. OrganiGram Holdings Inc. (OGI:CN Venture)
Market cap: $954 million; owns New Brunswick-based LP, Organigram.
10. Namaste Technologies Inc. (N:CN Venture)
Market cap: $832 million; owns Ontario-based LP, CannMart; on Sept. 17, Tilray severed ties with Namaste, who’d agreed to purchase cannabis from them, after it was revealed that Namaste held a shareholders’ party featuring scantily clad nurses in Montreal.
11. Emerald Health Therapeutics Inc. (EMH:CN Venture)
Market cap: $713 million; owns the British Columbia-based LP.
12. Supreme Cannabis Company Inc. (FIRE:CN Venture)
Market cap: $552 million; owns Ontario-based LP, 7 Acres.
More Canadian Coverage
If you enjoyed this Freedom Leaf article, subscribe to the magazine today!
- Joy Beckerman: Hemp Industries Association Evangelist - November 14, 2018
- MJBizCon Vegas Highlights: Speakers, Luncheons and Parties - November 12, 2018
- Jeff and Pete Sessions Get Booted Out of Washington - November 7, 2018
- Marijuana Legalization Initiatives Pass in Michigan, Missouri and Utah; Fails in North Dakota - November 6, 2018
- Mexican Marijuana Legalization: A View from South of the Border - November 6, 2018
- Freedom Leaf’s November-December Cannabis Events Calendar - November 1, 2018
- The Marijuana Midterms: Ballot Initiatives in Four States + Plenty of Hot Races - October 30, 2018
- First Legal Canadian Cannabis Sales Recorded in Newfoundland - October 17, 2018
- The View from Vancouver: Inside Canada’s Legalization Challenge - October 10, 2018
- Chart: The History of U.S. State Marijuana Ballot Initiatives - September 24, 2018