Noted for his “straight edge” antidrug stance when he fronted the hardcore band Black Flag in the ’80s, Rollins has embraced legalization despite the fact that he doesn’t use marijuana.
“Its illegal status has been a tool to incarcerate minority groups,” Rollins tells Freedom Leaf. “Many people have been injured or killed in the distribution, sales and profiting from illegal sale of cannabis. It’s a good time to turn this around.”
On Trump: “If he wants to hand out death penalties, there will be a lot of doctors getting killed.”
On Sessions: “He’s pathetic. He’ll be out soon enough.”
About the recent commercial legalization of marijuana in his home state, the Los Angeles resident notes: “Cannabis has always been easy to get in California. Now it’s just easier. From someone who lives there, I haven’t seen a change in anything. I bet there’s never been a time in recent history when it was all that difficult to get.”
To Rollins, Attorney General Jeff Sessions is “pathetic, just an annoyance with old ideas, steeped in bigotry—he’ll be out soon enough,” and President Trump’s call for death to drug dealers is “what you say when you have no idea what you’re talking about. He’s not all that smart. He thinks he’ll be killing a bunch of nonwhites. That wouldn’t be the case. If he wants to hand out death penalties, there will be a lot of doctors getting killed.”
Trump and Sessions will surely be targets of Rollins’ comments at Berlin’s Maritim Hotel. “I think that legalization of cannabis anywhere is a political decision,” he says. “It will change things in any country. It’s part of this changing century. Those who are selling legally are part of a changing culture. This is what I want to address.”
Tickets for ICBC Berlin from Apr. 11-13 are available here.
If you enjoyed this Freedom Leaf article, subscribe to the magazine today!
- The Top 12 Canadian Pot Stocks - September 18, 2018
- Boston Freedom Rally: Three Days of Weed & Music - September 13, 2018
- Pro-Cannabis Candidates Head the Midterms Ballot - September 12, 2018
- Senate Showdown 2018: 12 Important Races to Watch - August 30, 2018
- MPP Names New Executive Director - August 14, 2018
- North Dakota Recreational Legalization Initiative on the November Ballot - August 13, 2018
- Proposed US Tariffs Threaten Vaporizer Industry - August 6, 2018
- Rohrabacher Received Campaign Donations from Manafort, Had Meetings with Assange and Butina - August 3, 2018
- Oklahoma Legalizes Medical Marijuana, Rescinds Ban on Smoking - July 30, 2018
- Task Force Recommends Regulating Recreational Cannabis in New York - July 13, 2018