Noted for his “straight edge” antidrug stance when he fronted the hardcore band Black Flag in the ’80s, Rollins has embraced legalization despite the fact that he doesn’t use marijuana.
“Its illegal status has been a tool to incarcerate minority groups,” Rollins tells Freedom Leaf. “Many people have been injured or killed in the distribution, sales and profiting from illegal sale of cannabis. It’s a good time to turn this around.”
On Trump: “If he wants to hand out death penalties, there will be a lot of doctors getting killed.”
On Sessions: “He’s pathetic. He’ll be out soon enough.”
About the recent commercial legalization of marijuana in his home state, the Los Angeles resident notes: “Cannabis has always been easy to get in California. Now it’s just easier. From someone who lives there, I haven’t seen a change in anything. I bet there’s never been a time in recent history when it was all that difficult to get.”
To Rollins, Attorney General Jeff Sessions is “pathetic, just an annoyance with old ideas, steeped in bigotry—he’ll be out soon enough,” and President Trump’s call for death to drug dealers is “what you say when you have no idea what you’re talking about. He’s not all that smart. He thinks he’ll be killing a bunch of nonwhites. That wouldn’t be the case. If he wants to hand out death penalties, there will be a lot of doctors getting killed.”
Trump and Sessions will surely be targets of Rollins’ comments at Berlin’s Maritim Hotel. “I think that legalization of cannabis anywhere is a political decision,” he says. “It will change things in any country. It’s part of this changing century. Those who are selling legally are part of a changing culture. This is what I want to address.”
Tickets for ICBC Berlin from Apr. 11-13 are available here.
If you enjoyed this Freedom Leaf article, subscribe to the magazine today!
- Vicente Fox’s Global Vision: Legalization of All Drugs - May 21, 2018
- May Marijuana Events: NYC Cannabis Parade to CannaMexico - May 1, 2018
- Michigan Voters Can Legalize It in November - April 30, 2018
- Senate Leader Schumer Calls for Federal Decriminalization of Marijuana - April 20, 2018
- The Top 10 Events Happening on 4/20 - April 19, 2018
- Republicans Hijack the Marijuana News Cycle - April 14, 2018
- April Cannabis Events: The 420 Special - April 2, 2018
- Henry Rollins Calls AG Jeff Sessions ‘Pathetic’ - March 26, 2018
- March Cannabis Events: SSDP 2018 to 420 Games - March 4, 2018
- Video: Mississippi Police Chief Brags About Smoking Weed - March 2, 2018