Excerpt of Willie Nelson’s New Book in Freedom Leaf Magazine
The latest issue is full of the latest science, culture and political news on marijuana and hemp!
By Chris Goldstein, Senior Editor
Each month our editorial team, led by Editor-in-Chief Steve Bloom, works hard to bring you stellar content. The issue for May is one of our best yet.
We feature an exclusive excerpt of Willie Nelson’s new book “It’s a Long Story: My Life.”
Willie has been a great friend to National NORML and to Freedom Leaf. He sat down for an interview on his bus for our premier issue last October.
This time we get an intimate look at Willie’s relationship with marijuana.
Willie turns 82 on Wednesday April 29th. Check out the full excerpt in our digital edition here.
Also in the magazine this month:
– I interview former New Mexico Governor and Libertarian Presidential candidate Gary Johnson about his new gig as the CEO of Cannabis Sativa Inc. Read it here.
– Keith Stroup, NORML’s Founder also talks about his relationship with Willie. Read it here.
– Chef Cheri Sicard gives tips, tricks and recipes for “Cooking with Bud.” Read it here.
– Alicia Porter from Students for Sensible Drug Policy has a powerful article about college students who have dies while cooperating with police narcotics investigations. Read it here.
– We cover 11 states that might be next in line for legal marijuana. Read it here.
– Columnist Beth Mann discusses embracing the feminine side of cannabis. Read it here.
– Our fashion and healthy living guru, Lillian Taylor, gets readers ready for Hemp History Week. Read it here.
– Paul Armentano’s article this month focuses on the narrowing gender divide when it comes to support of cannabis reform. Read it here.
– Russ Belville writes about Native American tribes getting into the cannabis business in “Pot on the Rez.” Read it here.
– Rick Pfrommer takes us on an aromatic journey through cannabis in “Terpenes 101.” Read it here.
– Erik Altieri profiles two NORML Chapters: Pittsburgh and Maryland. Read it here.
– Scientist Dr. Jahan Marcu traveled to Prague for a conference on cannabinoids. Read it here.
We also have profiles of cannabis industry executives, some analysis on the federal lawsuits against Colorado from NORML executive Director Allen St. Pierre and cartoons from Dan Gibson.
Pick up your hard copy of Freedom Leaf Magazine every month at more than 35 NORML and SSDP chapters around the country or in hundreds of cannabis businesses from Michigan to California. Or read our full, digital version.
Thanks again to all of our contributors, photographers, artists, distributors and staff. Together we will legalize marijuana nationwide!