It’s a celebration in Canada today with the official start of legal marijuana sales for recreational use. The first sale took place just after midnight at the Tweed shop in St. John’s, NL. Local resident Ian Power made the initial purchase.
IAN POWER: “It’s been my dream to be the first person to buy the first legal gram of cannabis in Canada, and here I finally am. I’m elated. I’m so excited, I can’t stop smiling.”
Nova Cannabis also opened in Edmonton, AB
The new law, known as the Cannabis Act, allows for possession of up to 30 grams of marijuana by anyone 19 years old or older (it’s 18 in Alberta and Quebec).
Over the past few weeks, Freedom Leaf has posted a number of articles about Canada:
If you enjoyed this Freedom Leaf article, subscribe to the magazine today!
- Review: New ‘Cannabis’ Grow Book from Cultivation Expert Danny Danko - January 9, 2019
- Review: AccuVape’s Dragon X Portable Vaporizer - January 2, 2019
- Freedom Leaf’s First-Quarter 2018 Events Calendar - January 1, 2019
- Freedom Leaf’s Top 25 Cannabis Stories of 2018 - December 26, 2018
- The Top 12 Canadian Pot Stocks (Updated) - December 21, 2018
- Canadian Company Tilray Makes Deals with Novartis and Anheiser-Busch - December 20, 2018
- NYS Gov. Andrew Cuomo: ‘Let’s Legalize the Adult Use of Recreational Marijuana’ - December 17, 2018
- Michigan Marijuana Supporters to Celebrate Legalization at Midnight - December 5, 2018
- Joy Beckerman: Hemp Industries Association Evangelist - November 14, 2018
- MJBizCon Vegas Highlights: Speakers, Luncheons and Parties - November 12, 2018