First Legal Canadian Cannabis Sales Recorded in Newfoundland
It’s a celebration in Canada today with the official start of legal marijuana sales for recreational use. The first sale took place just after midnight at the Tweed shop in St. John’s, NL. Local resident Ian Power made the initial purchase.
IAN POWER: «It’s been my dream to be the first person to buy the first legal gram of cannabis in Canada, and here I finally am. I’m elated. I’m so excited, I can’t stop smiling.»
Nova Cannabis also opened in Edmonton, AB
The new law, known as the Cannabis Act, allows for possession of up to 30 grams of marijuana by anyone 19 years old or older (it’s 18 in Alberta and Quebec).
Over the past few weeks, Freedom Leaf has posted a number of articles about Canada:
• The View from Vancouver: Inside Canada’s Legalization Challenge
• Canadian Cannabis Prohibition Predated U.S. Ban by 15 Years
• The Meteoric Rise of Canada’s Legal Cannabis Industry
• The Top 12 Canadian Pot Stocks
• Celebrate Legalization with These Infused Canadian Sweets
If you enjoyed this Freedom Leaf article, subscribe to the magazine today!