It’s a celebration in Canada today with the official start of legal marijuana sales for recreational use. The first sale took place just after midnight at the Tweed shop in St. John’s, NL. Local resident Ian Power made the initial purchase.
IAN POWER: “It’s been my dream to be the first person to buy the first legal gram of cannabis in Canada, and here I finally am. I’m elated. I’m so excited, I can’t stop smiling.”
Nova Cannabis also opened in Edmonton, AB
The new law, known as the Cannabis Act, allows for possession of up to 30 grams of marijuana by anyone 19 years old or older (it’s 18 in Alberta and Quebec).
Over the past few weeks, Freedom Leaf has posted a number of articles about Canada:
If you enjoyed this Freedom Leaf article, subscribe to the magazine today!
- Former Colorado Gov. Hickenlooper Vies for Presidential Nomination. But Was He Good on Pot? - March 7, 2019
- The Cannabis Industry’s 20 Hottest Pot Stocks of 2019 - March 4, 2019
- Indiana Gov. Holcomb Ran Frat, Smoked Pot in College - February 28, 2019
- Trump Crony Roger Stone Indicted and Arrested, Claims Innocence - January 25, 2019
- Former New York City Council President Advocates for Marijuana Equity and Social Justice - January 23, 2019
- Cannabis Culture Controversies: Vancouver Stores Ordered to Close, Marc Emery Under Fire - January 18, 2019
- Review: New ‘Cannabis’ Grow Book from Cultivation Expert Danny Danko - January 9, 2019
- Review: AccuVape’s Dragon X Portable Vaporizer - January 2, 2019
- Freedom Leaf’s First-Quarter 2019 Events Calendar - January 1, 2019
- Freedom Leaf’s Top 25 Cannabis Stories of 2018 - December 26, 2018